WESTON INDOOR SPORTS – RETURN TO PLAY
The Chief Medical Officers have advised it is safe for the restrictions to continue easing and sport and social events to recommence. In Canberra we have been fortunate with no recorded transmissions however we all should continue to take steps to keep our community safe.
People come to Weston Indoor Sports for both sport and socialising with friends. We have, in accordance with our COVID Safety Plan, implemented measures to provide a safe sporting and social environment.
STEPS WE HAVE PUT IN PLACE
REGISTER OF ATTENDEES
For COVID tracing purposes we maintain registers of attendees.
- Each captain is asked to complete a register of players details as per ACT Health guidelines.
- Patrons are encouraged to download the Government’s CovidSafe app.
CLEANING AND SANITISING
High touch surfaces such as the counter area, bathrooms, court entrances, building entrance, etc and shared equipment are cleaned and sanitised between each game. Other areas and equipment will be cleaned each day.
LIMITING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SHARED EQUIPMENT
We have put in place the following to reduce the risks relating to the use of shared equipment.
Netballs, Soccer Balls and Volleyballs
- The balls are cleaned and sanitised at the end of each game.
- Game balls are available for games use only – not available for practice.
- The ball must be placed in the centre circle at the end of the first 3 quarters.
- Umpires will return the balls to the office at the end of the game for cleaning and sanitising.
- Personal gloves are available for sale.
- Netball players are encouraged to wear gloves.
- The centre has clean cotton gloves for use if wanted by players. At the end of the game these gloves must be placed in the identified containers near the entrance of each court. Gloves must not be shared.
- Gloves are washed the following day.
- Players must wear bibs identifying their position.
- Teams are encouraged to bring their own bib sets.
- Teams are encouraged to minimise the rotation of players through positions and the need to swap bibs.
- At the end of the game all WIS bibs must be placed in the identified containers.
- Bibs are washed on the following day.
- Umpires will use their own personal whistles.
- Game/scoring controllers will be sanitised if there is a change of umpire, otherwise daily.
Players are encouraged to bring their own filled drink bottle or purchase a drink from the centre. There is no ability to refill a drink bottle at the centre in the current environment.
PATRONS – YOU HAVE OBLIGATIONS TOO
Patrons are asked to continue their good work by:
- maintaining physical distancing when not on the courts,
- no handshakes – please use non-contact acknowledgement,
- practising good hygiene measures,
- staying home if unwell, and
- getting testing if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Poster reminding patrons can be seen at the centre.
Thanks for helping make Weston Indoor Sports a safe sporting venue.
Weston Indoor Sports Team